Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Mint Chocolate Brownies

Photobucket

These brownies are really good. I love the ooey gooey brownies that are still soft days later.. and well this is it. I was kind of worried when I looked at the batter and it didn't look like the typical store bought mix batter. It was lighter - much lighter. I doubled checked the recipe and I didnt think I had missed anything. So I figured, I'll just bake them and see if they get darker.. and they did..

Ingredients
1 cup of Butter
2 cups of sugar
4 eggs
2 tablespoons of vanilla
1 package of andes mint chips (in the baking aisle)
OR a package of whole andes mints chopped
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Grease a 9x13 baking pan
  • Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat - let sit for a minute or two to cool down

  • Photobucket

  • Add melted butter to sugar, vanilla and eggs

  • Photobucket

  • Sift together the flour, cocoa and salt
  • Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture
  • Add 1/2 cup of chopped andes mints and fold them in

  • Photobucket

  • Pour the batter into a pan and spread it out
  • Bake 35-40 minutes
  • Right when the brownies come out, pour the rest of the mint chips on top
  • Wait for them to melt a little and start spreading the chocolate out with a spoon

    Photobucket
  • Cut the brownies right away and let cool for 5 minutes or until you can safely touch the pan with your bare hands
  • remove brownies and let cool on a wire rack

Enjoy! :)

This made 12 brownies

0 comments: