Sunday, December 14, 2008

Buttermilk Pancakes

Photobucket
When I went to the grocery store to buy the buttermilk for the cupcakes, they didnt have the little cartons. So I bought a half gallon.

So what do you do with so much leftover buttermilk? So I made my husband some buttermilk pancakes the next day. Which prompted him to look at me and ask why I was bothering to make them from scratch when we had perfectly good pancake mix in the cupboard.

I think these were delicious - sweet, light and fluffy. It also gave me a good opportunity to try out our new Cuisinart Griddler. It is an amazing appliance. I like it so much better than our previous foreman grill. The interchangeable plates and the ability to lay flat makes it one of my favorite wedding gifts.

FYI: This recipe made about 10 good sized pancakes.

Ingredients
2 eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
4 tablespoons unsalted melted butter
2 tablespoons vegetable oil


  • In a bowl beat eggs until frothy
  • Add buttermilk, melted butter (room temperature) and vanilla - mix well.
  • Add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt and beat on medium speed until blended
  • Heat griddle to 350 degree.
  • Ladle pancake mixture onto hot griddle.
Photobucket

  • Wait until the topside starts bubbling and flip
  • Remove when both sides are golden and enjoy.

    We like to put syrup and butter on at our house..
YUM!
Photobucket

0 comments: