Sunday, December 28, 2008

Magnolia Vanilla Cupcakes

Photobucket

I have never been to Magnolia Bakery in New York. I have heard of it. I don't know how they taste, or if this recipe is the same. The cupcakes were really good. I'm not sure I'd want to keep using two different flours in the future. I made them for my sister who lived in new york for awhile.

Here's the website: http://www.magnoliacupcakes.com/

This recipe supposedly came from their cookbook... I found it online.

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups self rising flour
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Preheat oven to 350
  • Sift two flours together
  • cream butter until smooth, add sugar gradually and beat until fluffy. About 3 minutes.
  • Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each
  • Add some of the dry ingredients, and then milk, and then some more dry, and then the vanilla, and then the rest of the dry ingredients.
  • Mix until combined remembering to scrape down the sides, but do not overmix.
  • Scoop into a cupcake pan with liners. Fill them 3/4 full
  • Bake 20-25 minutes

I did not make the frosting, as I haven't ventured to try it yet. Maybe one day. :) I just used a plain vanilla frosting in a can.

0 comments: