Thursday, August 20, 2009

Corn Quesadillas

If you read my blog you know that we love mexican food. So when I saw this on a menu at a restaurant I knew it was something I wanted to try to duplicate at home.

It really couldn't be simplier and its really tasty. Its nice to have a veggie option that my husband will eat. I think the sweetness of the corn and the creaminess of the cheese really made this something I would make again.

I love new twists on old favorites.

Photobucket

Ingredients
1 large flour tortilla
kernel corn off the cob
1 handful of cilantro
diced tomatoes
black beans
diced red peppers
diced jalepenos
diced onions
monterey jack cheese
butter
1. butter one side of a tortilla and place in a non stick pan over medium heat
2. add cheese and allow to melt a bit
3. Add corn, cilantro, red peppers, jalepenos, and onions.
4. fold over and serve with black bean salsa

0 comments: