Friday, March 13, 2009

Crockpot Corned Beef and Vegetables

I make this every St. Patricks Day. I love Corned Beef and I should make it more often, but I don't. Its relatively easy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ingredients
3 lb. Corned Beef Brisket
4 potatoes
4 carrots
1/2 cabbage
fresh cracked pepper
2 cups of water


1. Wash and quarter the carrots and potatoes
2. Cut the cabbage into bite sized bits
3. Put the water in the slow cooker
4. Put half the potatoes on the bottom
5. Put the corned beef brisket on top, cover with the seasoning packet
6. Put the rest of the potatoes and carrots in
7. Sprinkle some pepper on top
8. Cover and turn on low for 4-5 hours
9. Make sure to watch the water level, it should at least cover 1/2 the brisket.
10. About 30 minutes to go, add the cabbage
11. When the brisket is fork tender and just falls apart with a slight nudge of a spoon, its ready.
12. Take out and place on a platter, serve while hot.

1 comments:

Carrie said...

This looks yummy, normally I just make it by itself this time I think I am going to try it with cabbage and potatoes