Monday, January 12, 2009

Weight Watchers Garden Vegetable Soup

Photobucket

Let me just say - I love vegetable soup. I love homemade soups - canned soups, not so much. The weight watchers version has 0 points, probably more if you eat a lot of it. I ate this soup every day for lunch, sometimes for dinner and I still had bunches left. Next time I make this, I will definetly cut this recipe down.

The soup was good, a lot of veggies, pretty filling.

Ingredients
6 cups broth
carrots - peeled and diced
1 large onion - chopped
4 teaspoons garlic or 4 garlic cloves - minced
1/2 cabbage, chopped
1 can green beans
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 large zucchini, diced
1 large yellow squash, chopped


1. Saute the onions, garlic and carrots for 5 minutes on medium high
2. Add all the remaining ingredients except for the zucchini and squash and bring to a boil.
3. Cover, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for about 15 minutes

Photobucket


4. Add the zucchini and squash and cook until they are tender.

Photobucket



Nutritional Information
Per Cup: 61 Cal (3% from Fat, 24% from Protein, 73% from Carb); 4 g Protein; 0 g Tot Fat; 0 g Sat Fat; 13 g Carb; 3 g Fiber; NetCarb10; NetCarb10; 52 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 701 mg Sodium; 0 mg Cholesterol; Weight Watchers - 0 points

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this soup. I used to make it ALL the time. I especially love how versatile it is and how the veggies can be interchanged. Thanks for reminding me about it!